Love Our Libraries emailed a letter to all Auckland Councillors on August 15 to share information about library staffing to enable them to ask hard questions of management.
• Management admits FFTF has resulted in 95 redundancies
• 21 were involuntary and arranged after the public was assured there would be a job for everyone left in the system who wanted one.
• Under LGOIMA we've confirmed that an additional 131 experienced staff have resigned over the past year.
• We've also learned that staff do not factor into Council's working definition of "Level of Service"
• Management has confirmed Madison temps are filling staffing gaps.
• For August, staffing shortfalls were projected to affect 41 branches, equating to 1610 hours per week.