100 signatures reached
To: RNZFB Incorporated
RNZFB: Honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi in your decision making
Ensure RNZFB governance practices and decision-making processes that give real effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, equitable governance representation, inclusive participation by all stakeholders – kāpō Māori, kāpō youth, tāngata kāpō, parents and whānau and sustainable investment in tāngata kāpō and parent community leadership.
Why is this important?
Kāpō Māori Aotearoa members and whānau have lost confidence in the Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind (RNZFB) Incorporated governance practices and decision-making processes.
- Kāpō Māori, kāpō youth and parents’ do not have a seat at the governance table.
- Tāngata kāpō and parent consumer leadership funding continues to shrink.
- "We know what’s best” governance approach that incites controversy and distrust of RNZFB governors and employees.
- Reactive governance actions that polarise the kāpō sector.
- Apathy and disregard to affirm through governance action the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Our rangatiratanga is being marginalised and will continue to be if we do not take urgent action to fix what is obviously broken!
This petition is the first step towards affirmative change. Show your support by signing our petition.