Five to thrive
Imagine a future where every child growing up in Aotearoa has what they need to thrive.
Barnardos, Te Kahui Mana Ririki Trust, Save the Children and Whanau Awhina Plunket, have joined forces under the Five To Thrive banner to ensure every child has a bright future in Aotearoa. We have five key asks to ensure that every child has the basics they need to thrive and do well now and in the future. These asks include:
- Realise the potential of whānau Māori – the promise of Te Tiriti o Waitangi is yet to be delivered resulting inequitable outcomes for Maori across education, health, justice, and housing
- Invest in children’s early years – the first 1000 days of a child’s life are critical and impact the rest of their lives
- Lift children and families out of poverty – 20% of our children in New Zealand continue to live in poverty
- An affordable and healthy home for every child – around 30,000 children are hospitalised every year due to an unhealthy housing environment
- Mental health support for every child and new parent – New Zealand has unacceptably high rates of youth suicide and suicide is the leading cause of death of our pregnant mothers.
Barnardos, Te Kāhui Mana Ririki Trust, Save the Children and Whānau Āwhina Plunket are well known organisations working for children in Aoteroa New Zealand. We are working together to keep children at the heart of the 2020 General Election. For more information visit our website FiveToThrive https://www.fivetothrive.nz/.
Open Letter: Five To ThriveToo many of our children in Aotearoa are missing out on the basics they need to thrive. With political will, we can change this to ensure all of our children have a bright future. We are asking our friends, whānau, and colleagues - Kiwis that care about our children, to sign on to this open letter to ask that every child in Aotearoa gets the five basics they need to do well now, and into the future. To find out more, check out Five To Thrive https://www.fivetothrive.nz/ To keep you updated with the campaign your signature details will be shared with the four organisations leading this campaign; Barnardos, Save the Children, Te Kāhui Mana Ririki Trust, and Whānau Āwhina Plunket.590 of 600 SignaturesCreated by Five To Thrive